So, what did we do this weekend with Levi home? To be honest, it wasn't anything too eventful. Mostly, we took the chance to hang out at home and do pretty much whatever the boys wanted. This included a lot of wii time, wrestling, a couple of trips to mcdonalds, and just playing with dad. Cort couldn't wait to watch Transformers with Dad and Cort told Levi about the entire movie. I loved not having to worry about trying to figure out who was going to watch the kids when I was at work. I didn't have to drive the boys anywhere, it was fantastic! I did sneak away to go to dinner and the Dierks Bentley concert (without having to find a babysitter) on Saturday night. The concert was amazing, it was a great show, and of course it is always nice to spend time with friends!
Sunday was our big day. We had brunch with Dallin and Ryan. For the most part, Luke and Cort behaved themselves. Dallin and Ryan did pretty good too. After a great breakfast, the 4 of us
headed up to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day, and we were excited to spend the day outside. It was a fun day, and the boys loved seeing the animals. The favorite was definitely the giraffes for Cort and the gorillas for Luke. Of course, the train was a huge hit. I think the train ride might last an entire 2 minutes, but we couldn't go to the zoo without riding it. Even with the crowds, all 3 of my boys did well. Cort was asleep in the stroller before we even made it to the car. After stopping for diet cokes, we headed to my mom's to have dinner with everyone and celebrate Levi being home. The grandkids behaved themselves and the adults enjoyed a great dinner and even had the chance to chat a little.
headed up to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day, and we were excited to spend the day outside. It was a fun day, and the boys loved seeing the animals. The favorite was definitely the giraffes for Cort and the gorillas for Luke. Of course, the train was a huge hit. I think the train ride might last an entire 2 minutes, but we couldn't go to the zoo without riding it. Even with the crowds, all 3 of my boys did well. Cort was asleep in the stroller before we even made it to the car. After stopping for diet cokes, we headed to my mom's to have dinner with everyone and celebrate Levi being home. The grandkids behaved themselves and the adults enjoyed a great dinner and even had the chance to chat a little.Luke's 3 Favorite Things About Dad Being Home.
1. Playing the Wii.
2. Going to my Baseball Games
3. Wrestling
1. Watching Transformers
2. Playing with Dad
3. Hold you me
My 3 Favorite Things About Levi Being Home
1. Someone else to get up and get apple juice in the morning
2. Not having to find a babysitter for the boys.
3. I don't have to do all the driving!!!
Levi is at Camp Williams today and will be there for the next 2 weeks and then it will be off to Texas again. Maybe one day we will actually find out what day he will really be home. But as of now, we are just grateful to have had the chance to see him and know that he is ok.
A friend of mine sent the link to a CNN story on Camp Bucca (you can click it to link you to the site). As most of you know, this is where Levi has spent his time in Iraq. It is an interesting story, and just gives you a better idea what he has been doing these last several months.


3 comments:
Sandie,
Tara directed me to your blog, it is great! I am having a great time reading about you and your cute family. So glad that Levi is home safe, can't wait to meet him at the next Jones get together.
Oh Sandie,
I am so glad things worked out that you could see your hubby. I can't imagine what a suprise that must have been! I got tears in my eyes when I was reading about your whole experience with him, getting to be together and doing some fun things as a family. I am jealous that he is back on U.S. soil now, and you can worry a little less! Can't wait to get them home for good!!!
Lots of love,
Mel
Looks like a fun and event filled 5 days. I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment