Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day

So, to steal a line from U2, I don't think I could describe the day any better. It started off with a 5:30 am phone call. I know to many of you this sounds terrible, but to me, it can only mean one thing, work is calling to see if I want to say home. I did not hesitate, my answer was yes. Cort and I slept until 9:30, it was much needed and I felt as good as new. Then after a trip to the gym, I went to lunch and a movie with Wendy. I was loving every second. When we walkecd out of the movie, the weather had changed from rainy and overcast to 68 degrees and the sun shining. I just soaked it in. I drove home with the windows down and the radio blasting.



I pulled into the driveway and saw my brother's car. Odd, but I'm always happy to see Dallin. My mom was here too, she picks up the boys on Wednesdays. I walked into the house and Cort said, "Mom, Dad is here. Come see." I of course rolled my eyes and followed him down the hall. There were some bags in the hall, but I was expecting some things in the mail from Levi. Then when we came back down the hall, Levi was standing on the stairs. To say the least, I was surprised. It is still very sureal and I am not sure what else to say about it. We then headed over to the baseball field to surprise Luke. I will never be able to express the joy in that little boys face when he walked to the dugout and realized his Dad was sitting on the bench. The only regret I have was not seeing the look on Cort's face when he spotted his Dad.

He is only home for 5 days and then has to report for duty again, but he is oficially home from Iraq, safe and in one piece. I don't think I can ask for anything more than that. It truly is a Beautiful Day.



I know you're wondering what I am doing on the computer, but I currently have a great view of 2 little boys wrestling with their dad for the first time in 10 months. Just typing it brings tears to my eyes.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Reading your post gave me chills! I am so happy for you! You have been such a strong person all these months without your husband. I hope you and your family have a fabulous 5 days with him!

Corinne said...

Oh Sandie, I am so excited for you! I just wish that he was home for good! I hope you have a fabulous time with him while he IS here! You summed the day up perfectly--it was a beautiful day!

Leigh said...

Wow!! Your post made me smile!! That is just awesome!! I am so happy he made it home safe!! Enjoy your time together. I am sad it is only for 5 days!! Give him a hug for us!!

Malma said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you! What a relief for you and your family. I almost had tears just reading about it. I hope you have a wonderful 5 days.

Adrianne said...

oh my goodness- i have become so emotionally involved in your life! I have big tears streaming down my face just reading your post! What a truly beautiful day! Yea! I am so happy Levi is home (at least from Iraq) if not for good- what a wonderful surprise! I would be happy to come in early for you tomorrow- if you want more time together!

Leslie said...

That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time! Tears are filling my eyes becuase I know exaclty how it feels to have them home! Five days is not long enough.. i'm so happy he'll be home for good soon!! It was great to see you at the race, you can email the picture to leslieamoss@gmail.com... take your time, enjoy your husband!!

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

That is so wonderful!! What a huge blessing that he is home in one piece; you have been so strong over the last year; I have really admired your strength and your example to me. What a beautiful gift for you and your boys. All I can say is....PLAY HARD!!

Anonymous said...

Tears in my eyes... Suzy