I was eating dinner last night with a great group of women, when the couple sitting next to us asked if we were all related. There were 10 of us. At first, I was surprised they asked us that. Was it that obvious? Then I realized many of us laugh alike, we bicker like sisters and still talk to each other after, we share our thoughts, our triumphs, our struggles and many of our fears. I often forget when I get together with my cousins that we know each other because we are related. It wasn't a relationship we chose, it was one we were born into. A few years ago we saw each other a few times a year, and then, we threw a scrapbooking get together. I have to admit, I was a little stressed about it. I mean, what would I talk to these people about? I didn't really know them, they didn't know me. It could be a long day. We had planned for a 12-14 hour day.
That was the start to incredible friendships. I have learned more about these women then I have ever thought possible. We have different ideals, beliefs, thoughts on raising our children and our husbands, some of us work, some of us stay home, some have teens and some have infants. But it doesn't matter what our situation, we can all find something to talk and most importantly laugh about. There is never a dull moment. I love that I can hang with so many chics and not feel as though I being judged by any of them. It is such an openminded group, I can't say how incredible I think that is! I learn so much from each of you. I think that is what I love about all of you the most. I never feel like I have to prove myself or who I am to any of you. You just plain know me already. So, thanks for a great night. We couldn't have had a better reason to celebrate!!!


5 comments:
It's wonderful to have such good friends. Even better when they are family. I'm proud to be the mother of two of you. More incredible though is that I am aunt to the rest. That's awesome!! I love you all!! Your Mother and Aunt Laurie
I echo your thoughts Sandie! I love that some of my closest friends are my cousins. When I talk about doing things with my "cousins" others are jealous. And to think a few years ago we didn't know what to talk about or bicker about :) I love you all! Thanks for loving me, even now that you really know me!
I don't think any of us realized at first what an amazing 'thing' we fell into with one another. It just sort of happened. I know the bond grows stronger each year. The most incredible thing is that we are all so different in every area of our lives, yet it still works. Cousin Suzy
Well said. Wish I could be with you all more. You all inspire me!
Allie
I like to think of you all as my "little armada". If anyone decided to take me on, well, they'd have to take on all of you as well. They wouldn't know what hit 'em. As always, thanks for all your love and support. Like Sandie said, it's nice to go somewhere where you can just be yourself (and eat out a lot, go on Coke runs, see Tara with her "biteguard" on at night, and go skinnydipping in your thirties after you've "birthed" four babies...now that's love and support, baby!). Love, Kris
BTW, I went to Wal-Mart today.
I don't want to talk about it.
Post a Comment