Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Computer (Sort of)

We took Levi to the airport today. Although it won't be for too long, it still hard to say goodbye, especially since we still have no idea when he will be home. But, at least we got to see him. Most families haven't had that chance. So, I am grateful for the time we were able to see him and we look forward to seeing him again!

Much to my delight, he left his laptop home with me. I am so excited about this, because I can't wait to dive into digital scrapbooking and getting my pictures organized. I'm sure this was not his intention when he purchased the computer, but none the less, I figure it can have multiple functions. Wahoo for me!!! I have quickly adjusted to windows Vista and I am getting set to go.

On top of that, I even set up the wireless router with our modem. I know, to many of you this seems easy and has a "duh" factor to it, but for me, it was an accomplishment. As I sit at the kitchen counter typing (yes, the kitchen counter, it is sooooooooo fabulous), I can't wait to get started. Maybe one of these days I will be able to figure out how to crop and edit my pictures before putting them up for all of you to view. Well, a girl can dream, can't she!

And for your viewing pleasure, a picture of the one of the boys so you don't get bored. Yes, I know this is what you come to the site for, I would hate to disappoint! This is Cort, getting ready to do some muttin-bustin. It's an oldie but a goodie.


1 comments:

MelanieBrenchley said...

Hi Sandie,
I haven't read your blog in a couple weeks, so I am catching up tonight. I love it. More often than not, it makes me cry to read things you say, because you are putting words to many of my exact feelings. Especially this time, with the comments about nurses week, and your funny little boy parenting moments, and especially things about your husband and everyone who supports us getting through this. You are a great support to me, I have LOVED getting to know you. I think you are amazing!
Love,
Mel
ps - Steve heads to Kuwait on Saturday! His journey home is almost starting!!!