Top: Jane, Jen, Mary, Kris, Jill
Bottom: Me, the goat, Suzy, Brittney
Swiss Days is a huge craft fair that takes place every year in Midway, Utah. It falls on the Friday and Saturday of Labor Day weekend. For the last 8 or 9 years, I have gathered with my aunts
and cousins to make the trek to Midway. I admit, we are a bit
obsessive with the whole thing. We
meet at 7am, grab a bagel and the precious diet coke, and then head up the mountain. It used to be we got there in time to beat the crowds. Not so much anymore. It is usually packed by the time we get there. But, it doesn't matter. We just jump in and get going. Whether you are in the slow or the fast group, we make our way through the crowds.
The purchasing starts quickly and we then try to drag our purchases through the
crowds without trying to cause any major damage to us or anyone else. We get up there early enough
that it is still cold, but we manage to leave before it gets to hot. Oh, and just a little advice, strollers and small children will make your shopping very difficult. The booths are small and the crowds are thick. After we have each managed to spend at least a couple of hundred dollars, it is off to Loco Lizard for a great lunch and the much needed diet coke.
Although, I love my purchases, I think the best part of it is spending time with the girls. You know how I love to get away. Even if it is just for the day, and fighting crowds, and getting up at 0530. It's all worth it. Love ya!!!
8 comments:
I was there on Friday and Saturday, too! What did you get? I fell victim to the Bumbles watches and bands. After looking at them, you will concur that I HAD to have them (help me justify this please!!) hope you had fun; I stuffed my face silly with those darn scones which is the part I look forward to most every year!
Well, personally, I thought it was a hoot to watch Britney prove to one and all that she was, and is officially, a full-time member of the FAST group. Britney will never, ever be relegated to the "slow" group again. Not our Lady Brittney!
Mary
Grandma B. expects to be there next year. I'll make sure that I don't have to make a choice. Glad you all had fun. Mary, what did you get or are you too old to put anything else in the house. Of course you can always pass anything along to Lady Brit in case she missed in the passing.
Hey, there's Jane! When can we get her to do one of these? I hope you had fun. Jane tells me how much she loves hangin' out with her family. You guys are lucky to have such a close family!
I think that next year, Jen gets to head up the "slow group". Obviously, Brittney doesn't like to be in that category (she was still belly-achin' about it at the annual Gardner Labor Day breakfast this morning...yes, you're all invited if you want...just think Bear Lake breakfasts by Uncle Animal...it's the best!).
Anywho, back to the topic. It appears that some people are uncomfortable with their label. On that note, please ask Jill how she thought Jen was a "handicapped" individual when Jen walked up to Jill from behind, pinched Jill's butt, and say, "HI!!!" in a really high-pitched voice. LOL! It's really funny to hear Jen tell it. We were teary eyed with laughter at breakfast this morning when Jen gave us an account of the story.
And then we were even more hysterical when my mom was telling us about the semi that about ran her over coming down Parley's. Apparently, people have different reactions to stressful situations. When the semi just about ran over the Explorer, in a very calm and soothing voice, Suzy in the front seat said, "Aunt Mary, do you see the semi moving over into your lane?" At the same time Jen, who is in the back seat screams, "Mary! Move over!!! Move over!!!" SO funny to see my mom mimic Suzy and Jen. SO fun! Thanks for a great day out...and for the lasting memories.
Oh I'm so sad I missed out on the adventures. I soooo should be in the picture instead of the GOAT! Next year ladies :)
Love ya cousins/aunts-
Tara
so fun! My family used to have a cabin in midway (actually looks just like the house you are standing in front of) Haven't been to swiss days in years but I did make Navajo Tacos to make up for it. Glad you had fun!!
Oh my, I have to hear the story of the semi, I was laughing just thinking about it.
Glad everyone had fun, sorry I missed but I had a fabulous time with three princesses.
Jill H
Post a Comment