Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

To say the least, I have been slacking on the blog lately. What's sad is, I actually have a lot I could have posted about. In fact, we have been so busy, I have been a little overwhelmed by the blog. In the back of my mind, "blog" has become a bad word. But, I have decided to move past that thought and share our lives with those who want to read about it. I know, it's not that many, but none the less, I aim to please.

1. August 16th. For the Kimball family reunion, the boys and I headed up to This is the Place Monument to enjoy the sunshine, the animals, the train, and of course the smattering of cousins, aunts, and uncles. We had a great time and the boys especially loved playing with the many cousins. I always love watching my mom and her sisters and brothers. They are so funny when they get together and start chatting about the "old" days.

Picture 1. My cousins, Jodie and I taking picture of our parents. Picture 2. The boys check their maps (probably the only time we'll see them checking for directions). Picture 3. My mom with her sister Mary and her brothers Dave (left) and Richard (right).

2. August 19. Cort starts preschool. Cort is so happy to be going to school. I think he is bored with me and is tired of hanging out all day with mom while Luke is in school and there are no friends to play with. Poor kid, I can't say that I blame him, I'm not that exciting. It is hard to watch him grow up. The day before he started school he had me a little worried when he said "Mom, I not go to school, I not a big boy yet." But, when I drop he and his cousin Zach off, they don't even look back. I guess that's a good thing.Cort's first day. And yes, he has had a haircut since the picture was taken.

3. August 23rd. Another busy day for us. Cort went to Uncle Andrew's to play with Zach. Luke, Lori, Caeden and I headed off to the Hale Theater to see BIG. We met up with my cousins, their kids, and some of our Mom's. It was Luke's first musical. He did great and enjoyed the entire thing. We had lunch at Training Table. I forget how much I love cheese fries. Luke was the only boy at lunch, he didn't seem to mind though. After the play, we raced to pick up Cort and Levi. We had to get to the Southworth's for our first annual "Great Geocaching Treasure Hunt". It was a blast. About 10 families hid their caches over the last week and we had 90 minutes to find as many as we could, we found 9. Not to shabby, but not the big winner. We all gathered to for a BBQ after. We enjoyed the company of our neighbors and the boys had a great time finding treasures and of course, playing with the many friends that were there.

We also had the Freedom Salute for Levi's National Guard Battalion this weekend. It was at Snowbird. We had the chance to stay up there Friday and Saturday night, courtesy of the Army. Levi stayed up there on Saturday and attended some classes while I came down to follow through with plans we had already made with the boys. The boys went to my parents Saturday night and Levi and I made the trip back up the mountain after our long day. To say the least, it was tiring.

4. August 24th. To complete the Freedom Salute, all of the soldiers and their families went to Abravanal Hall to receive their thank yous from the state and the National Guard. Governor Huntsman was also there and gave a great speech thanking the service members and their families for the sacrifice that was made. We enjoyed the speeches that were given. All in all, it was a great weekend spent with our family and friends!

5. August 25th. Today was another busy day for us. After spending my required 2 hours at the gym, I came home to get ready for my crazy day. I spent the day doing laundry, cleaning the house, loading and unloading the dishwasher, homework with Luke, and attempted to keep Cort entertained. Sadly, I have no pictures. But wait, this is a normal day, why I am writing this? I must be losing it. Ok, well just ignore this paragraph. I should wrap this up. Sorry, this was such a long post, but I know you have all been dying to catch up on my life. Again, wouldn't want to let anyone down!

5 comments:

EMPTY NESTERS said...

Aren't our lives just amazing or is it just "ho-hum"? At least I enjoy the catchup of my kids and grandkids. Did you know that I am grandma Button now?

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

I need a nap after just reading about all of this!!

jill said...

Looks like you had a good time at the play.. Congrats to Levi, there can never be enough "thank yous" for everything he has done and is a part of.
How lucky you are to be able to help with homework, one part of parenting I did not like nor was I good at it..... Oh wait.... I still don't like homework!Good Luck
Jill H

alli may said...

i would love to give my thanks to Levi too. i admire you both very much for being willing to serve for our country. I had to tell you that i read your comment on Markays blog and I'm also for Jacob. We need to talk about this sometime. i never see you anymore. we need to chat. I love Jacob! :)

A said...

i just can't believe it is back to school time! that means i have missed the whole entire summer! egad! it is SOO strange living in the southern hemisphere and having all the seasons opposite. the good news is that spring is on it's way and soon we get to plant tomatoes for summer eating on the beach! what a long long long long winter it has been! your boys are darling! so cute in their pack-packs! what are you going to do with all of your free time now that they are in school?!