Luke outside his classroom on the first day.Luke has completed his first 2 weeks of second grade. It is amazing to think he is old enough to be in second grade. Because of boundary changes, Luke started a new school. I was worried. I was nervous. I was crazy obsessed about it. But Luke, didn't skip a beat. Luke went in to his classroom like he owned the world. Luke is taking to 2nd grade like he has done it before. I'm always amazed at his ability to adapt and go with the flow. He makes friends so quickly! He is in a portable classroom, which also made me nervous, but he seems to do well in it. I think we have gotten lucky, and his teacher is excellent. She is organized and seems to be very on top of things. Yeah!!! After the struggle we had last year, I hope this will be a good change.
Ummm........I have no idea what he is doing!The biggest change for Luke is the fact that he rides his bike to and from school with 3 of his friends. (Good thing he learned how to ride his bike this summer!!!) I was worried. I was nervous. I was crazy obsessed. The plan was to go with him and his friends in the morning and then meet them at the crosswalk after school. Turns out, other than the first day, us mom's were wasting our time, the boys would leave us in the dust. The boys found their way home without any problem. So, now, because mom's continue to be a little crazy, we walk them to school to make sure they get there. The boys make their way home on their own. I love it. No walking a mile there and back in 100 degree weather. I just wait for the sound of the door opening. Luke comes home tired, hot and hungry. Just like a little boy should!

7 comments:
I am sooooo proud of YOU for making it thru Luke being able to ride his bike and enter 2nd grade at a new school. IMPRESSIVE :) Love ya- Tara
He comes home hot, tired, hungry! Right to the fridge or donuts, etc. and nothing is left. Unbelievable! But he gets right to his homework so he can go play. I, too, am impressed with this little guy. Love you Luke, Gamma
Did you say 2nd grade? What? How? When? Time is flying by. What a cute kid!
It is bittersweet for your kids to grow up. You are worried and proud and nervous and excited about each new thing! And if you are anything like me you can remember how you felt as a kid which just amplifies everything!
Luke owns whatever joint he's in; not to worry. He's super confident!!
Very cool! He's growin' up!!! When does Cort start school? Does he still have one or two more years? They are sure cute!
Sharra
I can't believe how big Luke is! He is adorable! So is Cort!
Post a Comment