Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our New Family Fun


The boys and I decided we would get Levi Guitar Hero for Father's Day. I thought it would be a great thing for the boys and Levi to do together. Little did I know. I had never played before, and I probably should have kept it that way. I was right that the boys and Levi have a great time playing. Cort even hits a few notes when he strums or holds down one of the keys. Luke is fantastic. Why is it a 7 year old can play that well? Levi has played before and picked it up quickly. I however, was not so good. But, I did not give up. No, instead of stopping when I couldn't hit a note, I kept trying. I should have stopped. Now I'm addicted. Last night after work I went down around 9:30. I was planning on playing for 30 min or so. After telling myself I would only play one more song over and over, I finally made it to bed around 1:30 in the morning. Does anyone know of a support group?


8 comments:

EMPTY NESTERS said...

Here I am hoping you will get some outdoor time to build up your Vitamin D and you get another indoor game! But the pictures are so cute. I guess I'll have to try it when I'm over again. So much for Vitamins. Love, Mom

Hunsaker Family said...

ROCK ON!! Do you think Levi is as good as Gary, Keith, or Kenny (Yes, after THE Concert, I'm on a first name basis)? Love the Father's Day tribute to Levi. You are the Good Wife :)

Chris and Susan Neff Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Susan Neff Family said...

Typo in the first comment (I should have just left it anyway).....but, I really want to come over and play. That looks like so much fun. Cort cracks me up.

Corinne said...

I LOVE this game...I really want to get it for Justin, or maybe I don't. I also think it is amazing that youngsters can just pick up a controller (or a guitar) and know exactly what to do! Looks like fun, and if I find a support group I will let you know. ;)

Leigh said...

Gotta love Guitar Hero!! We need to get together soon and do dinner. We haven't seen you guys in so long. Let me know!!

A said...

is this guitar thing like DDR (dance dance revolution)? my husband made fun of me that i've never heard of it before (no TV, remember?), and explained it's like DDR but with less dancing and more guitar. that makes me laugh. i'd like to see you jamming out to this Sandie!

alli may said...

it's so great to see your hubby in the pics (because he's been gone so long). you should see my hubby doing guitar hero... he practiced for a week straight and is on pro level or something! WOW. so fun!