I'm not usually one who appreciates what I call the "days that were made just so you have to buy a gift" holidays. To me, these holidays were made up by some smart business person to up sales at particular times of the year. Like Valentine's Day. If it weren't for the day, why would anyone spend hundreds of dollars on chocolate and flowers in the middle of the winter. I often feel the same way about Mother's Day and Father's Day. This year however, Father's Day has a new meaning to me. With Levi being gone over the last year, our family was given an opportunity to realize how
much a father is needed in our home. With Levi home, the boys have been able to do quite a few things that I just don't do with them. For example, just this week they went fishing and on a father/son camp out in Oak City. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing any of these things, I'm just not as good at it. Fishing is great and all, it's the gutting and cooking part that I don't like. Levi is great at it. Camping is fun too, but always better when your dad is around. So, on this Father's Day, I wanted to make a list of just a few of the things we love about Levi.
much a father is needed in our home. With Levi home, the boys have been able to do quite a few things that I just don't do with them. For example, just this week they went fishing and on a father/son camp out in Oak City. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing any of these things, I'm just not as good at it. Fishing is great and all, it's the gutting and cooking part that I don't like. Levi is great at it. Camping is fun too, but always better when your dad is around. So, on this Father's Day, I wanted to make a list of just a few of the things we love about Levi.
**You are such a great Dad. You are willing to get down and dirty with your boys. Without you as their Dad, my kids would never know what a rodeo is, they wouldn't get to ride horses, or do a little muttin' bustin'.
**I love the way you can make us all laugh. You are able to have the boys laughing with just a look or some weird boy noise.
**I love that you are so willing to spend time with Luke and Cort. You will take them with you where ever you may be going. 

**I love to watch the boys respond to you. Their little faces light up when you ask them to play catch or the wii. They are out the door or down the stairs before we can blink.
**You let me sleep in, a lot.
**You are amazing and are usually willing to help out with stuff around the house. I love that you will do laundry or help pick up.
**I love how you love your family. It's so great that your family is so important to you. Since you have been home, it is one of the things I have noticed the most. You spend more time with us then ever before.
**I love that you can fix almost anything around the house. It sure saves us a whole lot of money!!!
**Simply, I love you and am very grateful to have married you. You are a great Dad and the boys love you more than you could ever know!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY LEVI!!!



2 comments:
Sandie that had to be one of the nicest gifts that you have ever given to Levi. As we grow older we find that the material things are not as important. You are my daughter. Love Mom
Sandie, thank you for sharing the wonderful things about Levi. Sometimes it takes someone going away to truly appreciate how great they are. Glad Levi is there to be a part of your family again. I love keeping up on the family through the blog.
Jill H.
Post a Comment