Monday, November 17, 2008

Oops!

Oops, somehow I got really behind in the blogging. I have brought myself into the month of November, and have changed the background. If it helps, I think I have a valid excuse due to our fabulous trip to Florida. I was going to be really good at getting things done while I was away and blog every couple of days while we were there. You can see how far I got with that. So, now I have a 10 day trip to blog about. Instead of trying to get it all into one post, I thought I would spread it out over a few posts. I wouldn't want anyone to get toooo bored with the story. Instead, I thought I would keep you on the edge of your seat in anticipation to see what happened next. Stay tuned!

First, I'll start with the LONG plane ride. It sounds exciting, but then the boys realized that stuck in 2x2 space for 4 and 1/2 hours. Good times. They did what they could to keep themselves entertained, and actually did great to and from!
After landing and trekking through the airport, picking up the luggage and the rental car. We made it out of the airport, but proceeded to get lost for the first time. I will not lie, I think we only made it through one day without getting lost. Sometimes it was just a few minutes, other times it was an hour. If they just had one mountain to determine which way was E, W, S, or N. We stayed the first couple of nights in Cocoa Beach. It was probably the most relaxing of the days! The boys had never seen the ocean before. I loved watching their faces light up when the waves would come in and they made every effort to jump them. So, here are a few pictures to scroll through.





C, just taking it all in. I love the rolled up pants. We've decided he should be a "surfer dude". He fits right in.




L, was a little leary of the ocean. He had a friend "warn" him about the undertow and sharks that might be there in the water. It took a little persuading, but we finally got him in the water. His mind was changed and we had trouble talking him back out of the water.



This one is purely to view Cort's hair. The kid has sooooo much of it. We thin it every time he gets it cut, but it's hard to keep up with it. It's so dang cute!


Just playing in the water.

5 comments:

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

Looks like fun! You've got me hooked...can't wait for more stories to come!!

maxfamclan said...

I am impressed that you have provided healthy fruit for the plane snacks! Such a good mom. What fun to get to them to the beach for the first time! Amazing to watch them experience I am sure! Can't wait for more.

Hunsaker Family said...

I'm waiting in anticipation for the next blog :) AND what is a vacation in a rental car without getting lost once or twice or...

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a new way to view the family vacation instead of sitting on the couch and everyone watching slides. It does look fun and than bit about getting lost, we may have you beat. Missed all of you. Granny Butt

Corinne said...

You guys look like you had a fun time! when I saw you this morning I can't believe I didn't ask you how your trip was...

I agree about the beach, those are the best vacation days!