I know, you are on the edge of your seat, wanting to know what happened on day #2 and #3 of our fabulous vacation. Well, here it is, the next installment. Never would I want to keep anyone waiting. Ok, except maybe my husband, he keeps me waiting so often, he's got it coming. But, that's another story in itself.Friday was our one and only full day at the beach. I told Levi I was pretty sure it would be my favorite day. I was right. There were no lines, no people racing to make it to the next ride, no pressure to "fit it all in
", just pure relaxation. When we arrived at the beach, we picked out a spot with an umbrella and a couple of beach chairs set up and then we paid our $20 to the surfer dude who does the setting up. I now wish I would have taken a picture of the surfer dude. He was in his 30's and literally surfed all day. He would collect $ for the beach set ups and would then be in and out of the water. We actually saw him at the donut shop before we hit the beach. He gets to wear swim shorts and flip flops to work. How would it be?!
It was such a great day. Being a Friday in November, the beach was deserted. The boys ran everywhere. Did I mention they loved it? I'm pretty sure Levi enjoyed it as well, but he may not admit to it. Our hotel was 30 yards from the beach, so we were able to run back when we needed to and then be right back at the water. PERFECT!!!Day #3 was spent at the Kennedy Space Center. We had a slow start because little did we know, there was a huge airshow that day. After parking, it took about an hour and a half of waiting in line just to get into the visitors center and the rest of the park.
Lucky for us, we weren't going to the airshow, so the park itself was empty. We took a tour of the space center and saw the Endeavor out on the launch pad ready to take off the following week. The kids (and Levi) were fascinated with the entire process and all that goes into making NASA run.
Lucky for us, we weren't going to the airshow, so the park itself was empty. We took a tour of the space center and saw the Endeavor out on the launch pad ready to take off the following week. The kids (and Levi) were fascinated with the entire process and all that goes into making NASA run.
If you look closely at the picture to the right you can see the top of the space shuttle as it sits on the launch pad. The best part about visiting the space center was watching the shuttle launch the following week (on TV). In Florida, it's a huge deal when the Endeavor (or any shuttle) is launched into space. It's covered live on every station and everything just kind of stops.
They mentioned that all of the high school football games stop and they all look up to watch the shuttle go. Amazing, the boys were sitting in the tub and watched every second of it. It was fabulous.
They mentioned that all of the high school football games stop and they all look up to watch the shuttle go. Amazing, the boys were sitting in the tub and watched every second of it. It was fabulous.Well that about wraps it up for those 2 days. Hope you weren't too bored.

4 comments:
Love it.. love the surf dude who is 39.... I have worn flip flops to work before (and forgotten my crocs). Wasn't very comfy wearing the OR shoe covers over them and especially when I dropped an alaris pump on my foot. LOVE the cliffhangers....can't wait for more stories!
I've never been to Kennedy. We'll have to add that to our list of places to go.
I always wonder how I can get a job like that surfer dude. I bet he had AWESOME abs. I love to check out surfer bodies. :)
Since we all can't be at the beach and in the sun we enjoy experiencing it vicariously through your posts!
I love the beach! I am so jealous! If I could live anywhere it would be by the beach (and nextdoor to a surf dude). Can't wait for day #4.
Surfer dudes, gotta love them. What a carefree life! I went 10 years ago to NASA, and I still remember how awesome it was to see it all for real. What fun! Glad you persisted through the croweds!
Post a Comment