Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gender Jobs

Gender Jobs

A conversation Sandie had with the kids today...

Luke carried bags of groceries from the car in the garage to the kitchen, set them down and started watching TV.
Sandie: "Luke, help Natalie and Tori put the groceries away, please."
Luke: "Putting away the groceries is a girl's job."
Sandie: "We don't have girls' jobs or boys' jobs in this house."
Luke: "What about the trash? I always take the trash out."
Sandie: "Yes, you are very good about it, but I take it out too. What about the laundry? Do you think that is a girl's job? Your dad is always good about helping with the laundry and folding the clothes."
Luke: "So.."
Sandie: "Here Luke, take this ground beef out to the freezer."
Luke takes the meat out into the garage and places it on the floor by Tori's feet while she is stocking the freezer with other frozen foods. Sandie comes from the kitchen to the garage and sees this.
Sandie: "Luke! You can put that in the freezer while she there, don't just leave it there for her!"
Natalie is putting groceries in the fridge that is in the garage right next to the freeze and in front of Sandie's Expedition. Natalie is looking at the grill of the Expedition...
Natalie: "Ewww! There is a dead bird inside the car."
Sandie leans over and looks in the grill. Sure enough, smashed firmly against the radiator, there is a most unfortunate sparrow, whose last full measure wasn't enough to escape the moving automobile.
Sandie: "Yuck, Levi gets to take care of that! I guess that there are some 'boys' jobs'.... ;)"

Her hypocrisy knows no bounds.....



5 comments:

maxfamclan said...

So true!!! Good story, good story. I willingly give up some to my man too.

Corinne said...

:)

I have that same argument multiple times a day...but I do leave the super gross things for Justin too!

Andrew and Lori said...

That would be an Uncle Levi job at our house too!!

EMPTY NESTERS said...

At our house (as you know) its the "momma's" job. Cute story, Sis.
Mom

Heather said...

AH! I laughed my head off! Sometimes it is a boys job, but only @ mom's discretion!