The title of my post really has nothing to do with anything, but it seems everyone is talking about fall these days. I'm just trying to fit in, really, it's hard. (big sigh) But let me move on.
A scary witch, Me, Luke, and Cort (not super willing to participate, surprised?)Yesterday, was a little overcast, but occasionally the sun would peak through, so a few friends and I went to Gardner Village to take some pictures with the witches, goblins (aka kids) and the many pumpkins. This was going to be no big deal, then, as the boys were getting dressed, I realized we did not have Halloween t-shirts. I know, it may not seem huge, but have you met my cousin Tara? We decreased our allowed get ready time and ran out the door. We now had to make a stop.
Do you know most clothing stores do not open until 10am. You think I'm kidding? I know it seems impossible that a mom and her children may be out of the house before that time, but it does happen. Seriously! After a couple of frantic stops, we found Old Navy open. The boys picked out their own t-shirts (this is made more difficult by the fact that the boys now have opinions on their clothing!) and we made it to the designated spot on time. Shocking! Somehow, we missed the crowds and managed to get a few pictures. Phew!
Mission accomplishedThe second activity for the day was to help my brother out with his new company. Andrew and Lori have purchased a whole bunch of bounce houses that you (or anyone you know) can rent. They thought it would be fun to set a few up and let us try them out. Andrew noticed that the size of my backyard is just a tad bit bigger then the size of his backyard. So, the party was at my house. All for the family! The boys had been talking about it for a week. Cousins, neighbors, nieces, and nephews all gathered to take part.
Oh, and those who were at Gardner Village ended up at the bounce house party too. Why not make a day of it?! It was a huge sacrifice for all of them. I mean, just bring something to share, and then play. What more could they want?There was only one rule when it came to the bouncy things. Absolutely, positively, no adults, Hunh, that doesn't seem right, I mean it was at my house.
So, I decided it was my party and I could do what I want. Ok, so there wasn't a rule. I probably made that part up. Did you know grown kids can go on those things, who would of thought?!We had a blast. Thanks Andrew and Lori. Love you guys.

6 comments:
And it was all fun. Thanks for the Granny B. invite.
LOVED the bounce houses for BIG Kids :) Thanks for letting us crash your party. Who knew Darren would have to be dragged away from the festivas. Loved spending time with all you witches and spooks :) LOVE YA- Tara
P.S.
I LOVE that Kid Rock song!
Well, actually, I liked the chocolate cake best. Just kidding!Good luck to Lori and Andrew in their new venture, and thanks for sharing.
Mary
Wow Sandie; can you adopt me when you stay at these houses?
Great pictures! There is always a party when you are around
Post a Comment