Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Autism and Alex

My cousin Kris has a son who is autistic. She and her husband Mark are incredible parents and deal with many challenges that I could never imagine. I admire them for what they are able to accomplish. They have put together a video to share with the young women and young men in their area to help those kids know more about Alex. I couldn't help sharing this with all of you. Maybe it can help more of us understand autism just a little bit better. Oh, and you may want to have a Kleenex at hand.

The link is www.thepingrees.blogspot.com .

3 comments:

jill said...

You 'cousins' are amazing: the support, respect and love you have with and for each other amaze me. This is a wonderful tribute to Alex (and his parents). Glad I can be a small part of such a fantastic family.
Love ya all,
Jill H

Corinne said...

Sandie,
That is amazing. I am so amazed at people who can take such a personal hardship and turn it into a positive learning experience for everyone. Are they related to Brian Pingree? I grew up with him and he also has autism. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Hunsaker Family said...

I'm still bawling my eyes out. We sure have some AMAZING family members!